About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Michele. I started out experimenting making Facial & Body Scrubs from coffee grounds for about a month. I came up with the best formula for an awesome scrub. I wanted to share my Coffee Facial and Body Scrub to everyone. I realized then that this was my purpose in life. Creating all natural skin care products for everyone to enjoy a spa like experience without paying a fortune to have nice skin. I love making a difference in helping people feel good about them selves and their skin.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Can I make my own Skin Care Toner? Why not?

One day after washing my face and using my toner after wards, I noticed my face was super dry and more wrinkles on my face than normal.  I said to myself "OK I'm not that old quite yet and why all of a sudden do I look so much older?"  "Is this what happens when you get in your 40's?"  I asked my husband if he saw a difference. Of course they don't see what you see.  He did ask if my toner had alcohol in it.  I turned and looked at the ingredients on my closest natural toner I could get over the counter. I said, "yes it does have alcohol in it." "It's the second ingredient."He said, "well that is why your skin is drying out." The next day, I was on another mission.  I decided to make my own toner without alcohol and it will be the best ever.  Putting some herbs and un-distilled witch hazel from natural health stores, and other natural ingredients,  I created a Spritzer.  My Spritzer cleaned my skin so well.   The peppermint and tea tree oil I added had a tingling and refreshing sensation I wanted.  So, I experimented a little more.  I put my Spritzer in the refrigerator before I went outside to mow grass.  A couple hours later with sweat rolling down my hot red face, I immediately took my Spritzer out from the refrigerator and sprayed my face and neck.  It was such a nice, refreshing experience.  That became something to look forward too after being outside in the hot humid weather. 

I decide to sell my products which included my handmade Shea butter lotions and Pumpkin Delight Facial & Body Scrubs.  I found an add in the paper about a craft show that was going on in another city, so I sent an email about my story and how I came about making skin care products.  I received an email back from, I will say her name is Caroline, she was so excited about my story and wanted me to visit her town and sell my skin care products at the farmers market.  Bless her heart, for giving me the encouragement and believing in me.  I took her up on the offer and started setting up a couple days a week professionally with my table of handmade natural skin care products, my cute little banner with Baby Doll's Skin Care and a smile on my face.  The weather was so humid that summer beating down at 95 degrees or hotter, setting in sweat for hours to be ignored because I wasn't selling beans or corn.  Some days I would talk to the most interesting and nice people and would sell nothing but I would come home in a good mood.  Just to be out there with good  people was enough inspiration to keep me going for what I am here to do.  Any how, to make the story short.  My Spritzer ended up being the Number 1 Product that summer for the people at the Farmers Market and by word of mouth.  They called my Spritzer the No-See-Um Magical Potion.  It was keeping the bugs off of them. My Spritzer was the 3 in 1 product.  To clean, to cool yourself off and to keep the bugs off. Stay tuned for more Farmers Market stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment